Dr. Pinson is a highly experienced psychotherapist who specializes in addressing clinical issues such as anxiety and depression that may arise due to stress throughout the lifespan. With decades of experience in practice, Dr. Pinson is knowledgeable about a wide range of human concerns and takes an active and engaged approach to therapy. She is passionate about helping her clients identify their “stuck points” and overcome earlier life traumas.
As a seasoned professional, Dr. Pinson has developed an accessible style and practical approach that empowers parents, young adults of both genders, new mothers, and women who are considering making changes in their lives. She has worked with individuals of all ages and is particularly skilled in psychological testing and evaluation. Her findings are integrated into practical recommendations that can help her clients move forward in their lives.
Dr. Pinson completed her doctoral internships in foster care, adolescent residential treatment, and outpatient clinical settings. She has 35 years of experience post-licensure, including consulting work in early intervention, adoption, vocational rehabilitation, and child custody expert in family court. She is a Clinical Supervisor of many child therapists in a large agency and serves in several other agencies where she consults and performs evaluations.
Dr. Pinson began her mental health career as an art therapist and has worked in a variety of clinical settings, including inpatient units for psychiatric and developmentally-disabled children and adults, nursing homes, outpatient clinics, and therapeutic nursery schools. She has pursued post-doctoral training in many areas, including stepfamily and couples therapy, trauma treatment, child behavior (including ADHD and autism spectrum disorders), somatic experiencing, and much more. Dr. Pinson is an EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist.
As the director of Crown Counseling, Dr. Pinson oversees a team of associate therapists who provide therapy for other family members when necessary. The team is available for home and school visits and consults with school administration, legal, and medical providers as needed. Dr. Pinson works directly with the therapists to provide clinical supervision and ensure high-quality care for all clients.
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- NEFESH (The International Network of Orthodox Mental Health Professionals)
- EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- ICEEFT (International Council of Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology)
- Professional Child/School Psychology, New York University, NYC
- M.A. School Psychology, New York University, NYC
- M.A. Art Therapy, New York University, NYC
- B.F.A. Fine Arts/Art Education, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) – Certified EMDR Therapist
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT – Externship Completed)
- Gottman Method Marriage (Level I)
Stepfamily Foundation -Certified Stepfamily Counselor